While there are no specific entry requirements for Certificate III Horticulture, it is highly recommended that applicants have either:
- Completed Certificate II in Horticulture
- Or have two years industry experience undertaking a broad range of horticultural skills as well as an understanding of the fundamental systems of industry practices.
For students that do not have any prior experience or Certificate II; it is strongly receommended that you speak with the teaching team prior to enrolment who will assess your skills and knowledge and assist in preparation to ensure your successful completion of the Certificate III.
International Student specific entry requirements:
English: For students whose first language is not English, the required minimum English language levels is IELTS 5.5 or equivalent, with no individual score less than 5.0 or equivalent assessment.
More information on English entry requirements can be found on our website.
Academic: The minimum requirements can be one of the following:
- Certificate II or III – 10 years of schooling (or equivalent)
- Certificate IV or Diploma – 12 years of schooling (or equivalent)
- Mature –aged entry with work experience in a related field
Please send certified and translated copies of your English results and academic certificates to the International Student Unit together with your completed and signed application form
Please be aware that you will also be required to supply the following items at your cost:
- Broad brimmed hat for all outdoor activities
- Steel capped safety boots are required while engaged in work activities and while students are in designated areas of TAFE.
- Short or long sleeved shirts. Singlet tops are not allowed.
- Gloves (Optional)
- USB Memory stick
- A4 Ring binder, A4 paper and plastic sleeves
- Pens and highlighters
Townsville Trade Training Centre: Full time three days over 14 weeks.