Nurture the future - become a teacher or teaching assistant
RATEP is a community-based program to enable Indigenous people to become fully qualified teaching assistants and/or registered teachers. This course is a partnership between TAFE Queensland North, Department of Education and Training State Schools and James Cook University.
On successful completion, students will be able to:
- Provide support to students and colleagues in an educational service, in accordance with industry and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultural protocols.
- Provide general teaching/learning assistance within primary school environments.
- Provide tutor support for peers, students and parents.
- Allows a direct pathway to becoming a fully qualified teacher.
- Receive credit towards higher level qualifications in Education.