Skip links and keyboard navigation

Visa requirements

Student Visas

Once you've received your CoE you will need to apply for a Student Visa. You need a Student Visa to study in Australia for more than 12 weeks. A Student Visa is a temporary visa issued to non-Australian residents and is granted to students who are enrolled in a registered, full-time course in Australia. International students can be issued with a multiple entry visa for the duration of their study in Australia which allows you to travel to and from Australia within the specified visa period. 

To apply for your Student Visa, you will need:

  • Proof of tuition fee payment
  • eCOE (electronic Confirmation of Enrolment)
  • Letter of Offer from TAFE Queensland

For more information on Student Visas and how to apply, visit the Departmnent of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP) website.