There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your placement. You are required to complete 40 hours to satisfy this component of your qualiﬁcation.
Prior to Placement, students will need to receive and provide evidence of the following checks:
- Students must complete their online NDIS Worker Screening Clearance application at this link - NDIS Worker Screening Unit (WSU) – and nominate TAFE Queensland (as their employer). There is no cost to students. TAFE Queensland will then verify each student. This is because TAFE Queensland students may support students with a disability on vocational placement.
- If students work with children on vocational placement, they will also need a Blue Card Working with Children Check (This is called Blue Card in Queensland OR student will need the equivalent if completing vocational placement outside of Queensland.).
- Please note: Students can apply for both the NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card by completing a combined application via the NDIS Worker Screening portal noted above NDIS Worker Screening Unit (WSU).
Need to know
For all students who are undertaking courses that include Vocational Placements in a high risk workplace, Queensland Health has directed that students must declare your COVID-19 Vaccination status and evidence to either TAFE Queensland or the placement provider.
This may require you providing us or the placement provider information on:
- Your vaccinate status
- Last date of vaccination
- Evidence of vaccine status
Those students who have a medical contraindication may be unable to complete the vocational placement component of their course. This means you may not be able to meet all of the requirements of your course and may not be able to graduate or receive your qualification.
If you have any questions or concerns with this requirement, please contact our COVID hotline on 07 3307 4789.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -