You must be qualified or currently undertaking an apprenticeship in one of the following:
- AUR30316 Certificate III in Automotive Electrical Technology or equivalent
- AUR30416 Certificate III in Agricultural Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- AUR30616 Certificate III in Light Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- AUR31116 Certificate III in Heavy Commercial Vehicle Mechanical Technology or equivalent
- AUR31216 Certificate III in Mobile Plant Technology or equivalent
- AUR31716 Certificate III in Forklift Technology or equivalent
- AUR31916 Certificate III in Elevating Work Platform Technology or equivalent
You will need to supply a copy of your Statement of Attainment or Qualification at the time of enrolment.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes. This includes:
- Clear safety glasses to AS 1336 or 1337
- Protective footwear with covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip soles to AS2210
- You should also wear 100% cotton drill industry-standard protective clothing
If you fail to meet these minimum standards of dress, you will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks after enrolment, during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are also required to have access to and bring personal stationery:
- Pencil HB and 2H / Sharpener
Other materials may be required for assignment work and will be discussed in class.
Need to know
Anyone seeking authorisation to install or alter gas fuel systems to vehicles or vessels will require, or have access to, a workshop that is compliant with AS2746.
Servicing and certifying work may be undertaken in a mobile workshop, only where a mobile workshop has been applied for on the application form, and the equipment checklist has been completed.
You must ensure that you meet the Queensland Gas Work Authorisation Requirements.
This accredited course is expiring. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 10 December 2022. Enrolments must be finalised by this date.