There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic Students:
You are eligible if you meet one of the following criteria:
- mature age entry - direct entry
- high school graduate - sound achievement in Year 12 English and Maths A, B or C
- Queensland tertiary applications centre (QTAC) application
- Engineering Trade Certificate III.
Students must either supply a copy of their Year 12 Certificate issued by the state certifying body in the state you completed year 12 or undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment by the first course census date.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
- Or Successful completion of Certificate III in Engineering.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Students may require the following materials:
- scientific calculator
- appropriate enclosed shoes.
Other materials that may be required for assignment work will be advised in class. Recommended textbooks will be noted in the study guide, which will distributed by the teachers throughout the year. The recommended textbooks will be available from the TAFE Queensland library network.
Need to know
This qualification has been replaced by UEE60220 - Advanced Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 5 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.