There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
Entry into this course is by one of the following:
- mature age entry - expression of interest
- high school graduate - sound achievement in Year 12 English and Maths A, B or C
- QTAC application
- engineering trade certificate.
Students must either supply a copy of their Year 12 Certificate issued by the state certifying body in the state you completed year 12 or undertake a Language, Literacy and Numeracy (LLN) assessment by the first course census date.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - View a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).8.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes. This includes the use of safety glasses, protective footwear with covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip soles to AS2210, long leather gloves to AS2161, and hair protection. You should also wear 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing. If you fail to meet these minimum standards of dress, you will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are also required to have access to and bring personal stationary, a USB, a scientific calculator, and a ruler, set square, protractor and compass.
Need to know
This qualification has been replaced by UEE50520 - Diploma of Electronics and Communications Engineering, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 3 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.