There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location;
- Personal stationery
- Calculator (for certain modules)
- USB memory/flash stick - recommended size 2GB.
- Gardening gloves
- Rubber dishwashing gloves
International important information
The advertised course cost and duration will be broken down as per the following:
- Certificate II in Horticulture - duration - 6 months, cost - $6,200
- Certificate III in Horticulture - duration - 6 months, cost - $6,800
- Diploma of Horticulture - duration - 1 year, cost - $12,500