Sound Achievement in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent is recommended.
Students must be employed in the water industry to be able to complete the mandatory on-the-job component for each unit.
No specific resources are required to successfully complete this course.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Need to know
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidised price, you must:
- be an existing worker in the Water Industry. Existing workers must provide a letter from their employer stating that they are an employee of the organisation or a current payslip that displays the ABN and Trading name.
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification (does not include qualifications completed at school or foundation skills training).
This program has been replaced by NWP40120 - Certificate IV in Water Industry Operations, as of 21 January 2021. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 31 December 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.