There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You should complete AutoCAD - Level 1 or have equivalent knowledge.
- Mixed Mode students: you will receive, by email, a Zoom meeting link in the days leading up to the first lesson. This won’t be provided on enrolment. You do not need a Zoom app or licence to attend the lessons, you can join using the URL (web link) provided in the email.
- Classroom and Mixed Mode students: you will need to download the AutoCAD 2021 student edition from the Autodesk website (please check the system requirements for AutoCAD 2021). You will be prompted to enter your TAFE Queensland Student Number, which is outlined on your Confirmation of Enrolment or receipt. Please ensure this has been installed before your first lesson.
You will be required to bring the following to class:-
- The ‘Australian House Building Manual’ which you received in the Level 1 course. If you don’t have this, you can purchase it at enrolment for an additional fee of approximately $30.00. Your book will then be delivered to your first lesson.
- Please bring a pen and paper for note taking. It is the student's responsibility to take the necessary notes for this course.
- You will also require a memory stick/USB flash drive for saving your work and taking your files home.
Please note: There are no canteen facilities at Coomera over the weekend so you are advised to bring your own refreshments.
Mixed mode delivery:
You will need:
- a personal computer or laptop to participate actively in this course. The computer must have speakers, a microphone and internet access (webcam optional).
- a quiet and ergonomically correct work area to participate actively in this course with no or little distractions.
- a web based email account e.g. Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail etc.
- a pen and paper for taking notes.
Need to know
Course commencement is subject to minimum enrolment numbers.