There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Students of any age can participate - you just need to display an enthusiasm for photography and the desire to learn.
You must have a Digital SLR camera or a mirrorless camera with memory card and basic knowledge of camera operation. Camera accessories such as a tripod, flash and lenses are an advantage.
- You should bring a digital SLR camera or a mirrorless camera and a pen and pad for note taking.
- There will be casual and open discussions on all topics.
- Camera and creativity must always be present.
- You will need to present your Confirmation of Enrolment to the car park attendant each week to be eligible for discounted parking.
- We recommend using public transport or
- If you are driving, BEFORE you arrive, please download the EasyPark App, set up your account and enter this code in full: 321988139 to recognise TAFE as the location.
Parking can be accessed via Paddington Place. ONLY park in the spaces marked with the Red TAFE Queensland logo on either B1 or B2 to avoid being fined by Easy Park.
Please be aware that parking spaces can fill early.
Need to know
Course commencement is subject to minimum enrolment numbers.
During this course there will be up to two lessons scheduled off-campus “on location shoots” which may be on weekends (a daytime shoot and also a night shoot), locations are on the Gold Coast. These shoots substitute on-campus time and are weather permitting. This will be discussed in your first class to give students plenty of notice.