There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
For theory classes, you will be required to wear:
- Protective clothing - clean and neat for example: shorts and t-shirt (no torn sleeveless shirts, no t-shirts with offensive logos/print or singlets permitted)
- Protective footwear must be worn into classroom for example enclosed shoes or work boots (no open shoes are to be worn into the class for example thongs or slip on shoes)
Need to know
To obtain Certification of Welders AS1796 with Weld Australia, you will be required to complete theory and practical requirements as outlined by AS1796 Certification of Welders.
This non-accredited course provides training in the area of welding theory for students seeking to complete the theory assessment through Weld Australia.
You will need to create a Weld Q account and will be responsible for paying the Weld Australia fees to sit the exam and insurance of certification.
You can concurrently complete the practical requirements, including the below practical exams while competing the theory requirements. You must apply for certification within two (2) years of having completing both theory and practical assessments.
Please note the selection criteria for undertaking the below practical exams prior to enrolment:
- NONAC03154 Stick - MMAW Certification (Plate). Ticket 1, 1E, 3, 3E - Weld Australia Certification (AS1796)
- NONAC03155 Stick - MMAW Certification (Pipe). Ticket 2, 4, 5 - Weld Australia Certification (AS1796)
- NONAC03156 TIG - GTAW Certification. Ticket 5, 7 - Weld Australia Certification (AS1796)
- NONAC03157 MIG - GMAW Certification. Ticket 8G - Weld Australia Certification (AS1796)
- NONAC03158 FLUX - FCAW Certification. Ticket 8F - Weld Australia Certification (AS1796)
You will benefit from enrolling into Welding Certification Preparatory course (NONAC03025), to practice your skills prior to assessment for the above Weld Australia Certification Tickets for AS1796.
The delivery of this course is over 40 hours.