You will need to have completed the Certificate III in Refrigeration and Air Conditioning and hold a current:
Personal protective equipment:
Important: During the training students must supply their own personal protective equipment. Students failing to meet the required personal protective equipment standards of dress will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
- Protective footwear - Safety Toe, Leather upper, Non slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with Australian Standard AS2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing - Long sleeved cotton shirt and long pants, 100% cotton drill work wear must be worn at all times.
- Eye protection - Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS 1336 or AS 1337.
- Hand protection – long leather gloves to Australian Standard AS2161.
- Hair protection - long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained by a hat, headband or hair tie.
- scientific calculator
- pencil HB and 2B
Need to know
You must have a current Arctick Refrigerant Handling Licence from the Australian Refrigeration Council (ARC) to participate in this course.
At the time of attendance you must also have current CPR/LVR certification, White/Blue Card and be a qualified Refrigeration and Air Conditioning or Appliance Servicing Technician.
Upon completion apply for your gas work licence (hydrocarbon refrigerants) on the Queensland Government Business and Industry Portal.
Replacement skill set
This skill set has been superseded, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 3 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.