With more than 500 nationally-recognised qualificationsto choose from at more than 50 locations across the state, and a variety of study modes available, you'll be able to study in a way that suits you.
At TAFE Queensland you'll study in purpose-built facilities including workshops using industry standard equipment, fully functioning health clinics and labs, digital studios, and open to the public restaurants, beauty salons, and gyms.
Our partnerships with local employers also allow you to also study in real workplaces and gain valuable work experience while you study.
Our teachers are the best at what they do. They make great happen every day and deliver educational excellence by encouraging and mentoring their students to help them succeed in their chosen industry.
Our teachers also regularly return to industry to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date. They contribute to developing training packages in consultation with industry to ensure our courses continue to meet contemporary workforce requirements.
We understand that everyone's journey is different, and sometimes you need some extra support. Our student support services are available to all of our current students, making your learning experience just that little bit easier. Our range of services across the state include:
Imagine if you could gain a qualification that acknowledges the experience and skills you already have so you could minimise, and in some cases eliminate, the need to do formal study.
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a nationally-recognised process which helps you gain credit towards a certificate or diploma based on the skills and experience you have picked up from previous study, work or industry experience (paid or unpaid), volunteering, and even partially completed study. We match your experience to current industry qualifications so you can gain credit towards a partial or even full qualification.
When you choose to study with TAFE Queensland you gain access to multiple pathways to increase your career potential.
We have partnered with some of Australia’s most respected universities to deliver world-class degrees in a practical, job-focused training environment. Together we provide up-to-date skills employers want, along with the adaptable thinking required to succeed in any industry. We also have articulation and credit arrangements with a range of universities across Australia.
In 2019-20 TAFE Queensland had a student satisfaction rate of 88.3 per cent - and we're working very hard on the other 11.7 per cent.
In 2019-20 we provided training to over 109,000 students. Approximately 86.6% per cent of these graduates went on to work or further study.
Our staff and students are regular recipients of awards for excellence across a wide range of industries. Students and staff regularly win at regional and state levels at the Queensland Training Awards, and we've won Large Training Provider of the Year four years in a row (2015-2018). We've also had finalists and winners at the Australian Training Awards. Our students also regularly win regional and national WorldSkills competitions, like air conditioning and refrigeration apprentice Patrick Brennan who took out bronze at the 2019 International Comptition in Russia.
TAFE Queensland is the largest and most experienced provider of vocational education and training in the state with a history of serving Queensland's communities for more than 135 years. Each year we enrol approximately 110,000 students across a range of foundation skills and entry level qualifications through to higher education degrees.