If you're looking for an easy Christmas cake recipe that tastes delicious, then look no further. This one bowl Christmas cake only needs about 10 minutes to set up and clean up, overnight to make, and then just time to bake, garnish and serve. It's a relatively simple recipe that you can use to wow guests this festive season.
- 1kg dried fruit with glace cherries
- 3 cups (750ml) chocolate milk
(alternatively you can use iced coffee flavoured milk)
- 2 cups (300g) self-raising flour
- Place dried fruit in a bowl and pour in the chocolate milk. Cover with cling film and place in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper and set aside. Sift self-raising flour over the soaked fruit and stir the mixture until combined.
- Pour mixture into lined tin and place in the oven for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Check the oven each hour to make sure that the top isn’t burning. If you think it will burn then make a cartouche (ring of baking paper) and place on top
of the cake. Continue to cook until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool and decorate. Sift icing sugar over the top, and add some extra glace cherries and/or blanched almonds to the top. You can also garnish with mint leaves.
MORE ABOUT HOSPITALITY AND COOKERY