This spicy chicken wings recipe serves four (4) people.
- 75ml peanut oil
- 60g caster sugar
- 1kg chicken wings, separated at joints
- 3 cloves garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 50g fresh ginger, grated
- 50ml sriracha chilli sauce
- 100g spring onions, white section finely sliced
- 80ml soy sauce, salt reduced
- 90ml Chinese cooking wine
- 1 tbsp crushed chilli flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add sugar and lightly caramelise.
- Add chicken wings and cook for 2-3mins turning until wings brown.
- Add remaining ingredients, toss and cover with a lid.
- Simmer gently on very low heat for 20 minutes turning half way, season and serve.
More about hospitality and cookery