It is a mandatory requirement of the national Training Package that students have completed a relevant trade qualification or equivalent (Certificate III in Plumbing).
It is highly recommended that students also hold:
- a current Provisional Plumbers Licence;
- a current Provisional Drainers Licence; or
- a current Interim Gas Work Licence
All students must have a consultation with a teacher prior to enrolment. Only approved students who have completed this consult can be enrolled into this course.
Students will be required to attend class with an electronic device (laptop or tablet) to complete the online learning components.
Please ensure your device is up-to-date with software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. Please see the relevant documents section for any relevant uniform and resource kit lists required for this course.
eBook: Selection & Sizing of Copper Tubes for Water Piping Systems (eBook) – The Institute of Plumbing Australia Inc.
Need to know
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidised price, you must:
- hold a plumbing trade (Certificate III) qualification (evidence must be supplied prior to enrolment).
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification (does not include qualifications completed at school or foundation skills training).