There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
Personal protective equipment:
- protective eyewear - clear safety glasses (Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337)
- protective footwear - safety capped, oil resistant boots (Australian Standard AS 2210)
- protective clothing - neat casual clothing (in classrooms), 100% cotton drill shorts and shirts for any practical classes
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
Current Version Textbooks Required:
- AS/NZS 1547: 2000 On-site domestic wastewater management
- QLD Plumbing and Wastewater Cod 2011
The following textbooks can be accessed online
- Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002
- Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003
Need to know
Licencing for the Design of Waste Water Treatment Facilities
A Queensland Building Services Design Licence is required for the designing of Onsite Sewerage Facilities. The Licence requires completion of the following units:
The competencies are available for any person to complete but licencing by the QBCC is only available to the following types of classifications:
- Hydraulic Services Designers
- Soil Classifiers
- Plumbers and Drainers
Please Note: under the terms of the QBCC Licencing requirements Plumbers and Drainers may only design for their own clients that they are doing the installation for on a design and construct basis.