There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This program is funded by Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ), there are a number of requirements that need to be met to access this funding. CSQ funded and subsidised courses are for existing, and eligible workers in the building and construction industry.
More information about CSQ can be obtained from the website.
Please be aware that you will also be required to supply the following items at your cost:
- Broad brimmed hat for all outdoor activities
- Steel capped safety boots are required while engaged in work activities and while students are in designated areas of TAFE
- Long sleeved shirts are highly recommended * Singlet tops are not allowed.
- A calculator, pens (preferably blue and black ink), pencils, eraser, whiteout (optional) and/or ruler
- Ring binder folder/s and plastic sleeves or other types of folders to store own workbooks and other work material
Need to know
Participants with previous machinery experience will be given a challenge test and may complete in a shorter time with training delivered at the Trade Training Centre. Other sites are available by negotiation. Workshops are run on demand and require a minimum number of participants. Workshops can be tailored to suit industry groups.