Students must attend a campus to undertake this course where they will learn face-to-face* with a teacher in one of our contemporary learning spaces. Students will undertake theory and practical training and assessment in a classroom and/or workshop.
* TAFE Queensland only deliver this course in face-to-face delivery mode. Under White Card delivery requirements, delivery in Queensland must be undertaken face-to-face except where students reside in a rural area (defined as a distance of 100 kilometres or more from any Registered Training Organisation (RTO) offering face-to-face delivery of CPCCWHS1001 ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’ course). In this case students may receive training via online delivery.
It is highly recommended that you:-
- are aged 15 years or older by the course commencement date; and
- have sound levels of written and spoken English to be able to complete assignments
You are required to wear enclosed shoes when attending your assessment. If you fail to meet this minimum standard of dress, you may not be permitted to complete your assessment.
If you reside in a rural area (defined as a distance of 100 kilometres or more from any RTO offering face-to-face delivery of CPCCWHS1001 ‘Prepare to work safely in the construction industry’ course), and are studying online, you must have access to a computer with a microphone and camera along with an internet connection.
You will also need to have access to personal protective equipment for the practical demonstrations i.e. safety glasses, high visibility vest, hearing protection, hard hat and a copy of the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.
Mixed mode delivery
Please note that due to COVID-19, the following resources are mandatory to complete this course as you will not be permitted to attend a campus.
- have access to the following equipment for your practical demonstration day via Zoom.
- PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) consisting of hard hat, high visibility vest, safety glasses and earplugs (disposable or earmuff style are acceptable).
- an internet connection and computer that supports video camera capability and a microphone.
Need to know
Proof of identity must be produced at time of enrolment. To verify a participant's identity, TAFE Queensland will require three forms of original identification from the list below. A copy must be retained by TAFE Queensland on each applicant’s file (excepting where a financial institution debit/credit card is used as ID). The three documents can be made up of:
- One category A + two category B OR two category A + one category B
At least one Category A document must be photographic showing full name and date of birth.
Category A documents:
- Australian Birth Certificate - full (not an Extract or Commemorative Certificate)
- Bicentennial Birth Certificate (born in 1988)
- Australian Citizenship Certificate/Naturalisation Certificate
- Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP)
- Certificate of Evidence of Resident Status
- Visa Evidence Card (with PLO56 Visa)
- Queensland or Federal police officer photo identity card
- Queensland High Risk Work licence (photographic)
- Australian Passport (including Australian Document of Identity)
- Foreign Passport
- Australian photo driver licence
- An Australian issued education institution student identity document (must include photo)
- An Australian issued Photo Identification Card (this has replaced the 18+ card)
- Queensland Accreditation/Authorisation (laminated)
- Driver/rider trainer; pilot/escort vehicle driver; dangerous goods driver; tow truck driver/assistant certificate
- Bus; taxi; limousine driver
- DIBP - ImmiCard; Temporary or Resident Visa; Document for travel to Australia (Valid up to five years after issue). Note: Electronic Travel Authority (ETA) is not accepted.
- Queensland Card 18+ (laminated) (Issued after 1/1/1992)
Category B documents:
- Australian Defence Force photo identity card (excluding civilians)
- Australian Firearm Licence (with photo)
- Australian Security Guard/Crowd Controller Licence (with photo)
- Department of Veterans’ Affairs/Centrelink Pensioner Concession Card (including Healthcare card)
- Education institution student identity document (without photo)
- Financial institution debit/credit card (must include signature and embossed/printed name)
- Medicare card (Green, Blue or Yellow)
Replacement skill set
This skill set has been superseded. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 6 April 2023.