Students must have enrolled in the Course in Solar Panel and Grid Connect Install Accreditation.
Prior to study students must either:
- complete seven electrical knowledge units available in the Course in Foundation Electrical Units Prerequisites Renewable Energy, Clean Energy Council Accreditation
- apply to the TAFE Queensland recognition of prior learning (RPL) unit for RPL in the eight electrical knowledge units
- be granted an exemption from the eight electrical knowledge units by the Clean Energy Council (CEC). This is granted automatically to Electricians, Electrical or Electronics Engineers and in some cases to other Engineers. It is essential that you speak to the CEC to obtain exemption.
Required textbooks and Australian Standards (AS):
- Grid Connected PV Systems Design and Installation (8th Edition) by GSES. This is available for purchase through QTW . Limited copies (old version) are accessible via the TAFE Queensland library.
- AS 4777 Grid connection of energy systems via inverters (accessible via the TAFE Queensland library)
- AS 5033 Installation and safety requirements for photovoltaic (PV) arrays (accessible via the TAFE Queensland library)
- active email address
- internet access
- Microsoft Word and Excel.
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
Need to know
You must successfully complete unit UEENEEK135A Design Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems to be eligible to apply for Grid Connect Accreditation with the Clean Energy Council
Unit UEENEEK125A Solve basic problems in photovoltaic energy apparatus and systems, is a prerequisite for unit UEENEEK135A Design Grid Connected Photovoltaic Systems.
Replacement skill set
This skill set has been superseded, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 3 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.