Students wanting to enrol must satisfy one of the following requirements:
- Restricted drainers Licence Service or endorsement on an Occupational/ provisional Plumbers and Drainers Licence or Drainers Licence
- Non Licenced students need to be employed in the waste water servicing Industry for a 6 month period or hold an Occupational/Provisional plumbers and drainers licence or Drainers to receive an endorsement or restricted licence
Students must enrol into both accredited and non-accredited units.
Personal protective equipment:
- protective eyewear - clear safety glasses (Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337)
- protective footwear - safety capped, oil resistant boots (Australian Standard AS 2210)
- protective clothing - neat casual clothing (in classrooms), 100% cotton drill shorts and shirts for any practical classes
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
Current Version Textbooks Required:
- AS/NZS 1547: 2000 On-site domestic wastewater management
- QLD Plumbing and Wastewater Code 2011
The following textbooks can be accessed online:
- Plumbing and Drainage Act 2002
- Standard Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003
Need to know
1. For Licenced Drainers - upon successful completion of:
2. For Non-Licenced Drainers - upon successful completion of
- CPCPDR4013 Design and size domestic treatment plant disposal systems
- WEP01B Maintain and service domestic treatment plants and onsite sewerage facilities - See NONAC04024 Domestic Waste Water and Environmental Plumbing - QBCC Licence to Service
- students need to be employed in the waste water servicing Industry for a 6 month period or hold an Occupational/Provisional plumbers and drainers licence or Drainers to receive an endorsement or restricted licence.