To enrol in this program with TAFE Queensland you must be employed within the industry and have access to a forklift or reach truck. If you are not employed within the industry, you will require access to a forklift or reach truck, as well as an appropriate supervisor, and may need to speak with a teacher prior to enrolment.
You may undertake training prior to the age of 18, but must be 18 years of age or above in order to undertake your formal assessment. It is strongly recommended that prior to entering this course you have basic literacy and numeracy skills, as you will be required to undertake a formal assessment, and assistance cannot be provided during this assessment.
You will require access to a forklift or reach truck (and appropriate supervision). The forklift must be safe to operate and comply with the relevant legislation. You will also require:
- Personal Protective Equipment relevant to the workplace such as:
- safety footwear complaint with the Australian Standard AS 2210
- long sleeve, high-visibility shirts
- long trousers
- enclosed footwear for on campus training and assessment
- personal stationery (pens and paper)
- a valid and appropriate email address