To satisfy the requirements of the Electrical Safety Office (ESO), Qualified Technical Person (QTP) must hold a current Queensland Electrical Mechanic work licence for at least 12 months.
Interstate licence holders will need to apply for a Queensland licence, but will have time recognised for when they obtained their original licence.
It's highly recommended for you to have a current email address and access to a computer, the internet and the following:-
Australian Standards (AS):
- AS3000 Wiring Rules current edition
- AS3008 Electrical Installations -Selection of cables current edition
- AS3760 In-service safety inspection and testing of electrical equipment current edition
- AS3017 Electrical installation - Testing and inspection guidelines current edition
- AS4741 Testing of connections to low voltage electricity networks current edition
- The Electrical Safety Act 2002
- The Electrical Safety Regulation 2013
Electrical Safety Code of Practice 2013 - Managing Electrical risk in the workplace (this can be downloaded from the online library).
Need to know
You will complete one unit at a time by self-paced/ mixed mode learning. Each unit must be completed within 6 months of the date of enrolment.
Replacement skill set
This skill set has been superseded, as of 4 October 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 3 October 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.