It is recommended you meet one of the following requirements:
- Successful completion of a Certificate II/III, or
- Year 11 (or equivalent)
- Mature-aged entry with work experience in a related field
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes.
This includes the use of:
- safety glasses
- protective footwear with covered uppers, steel capped toes and non-slip soles to AS2210
- long leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection
- disposable dust masks
- 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing
If you fail to meet these minimum standards of dress, you will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are also required to have access to and bring:
- personal stationary
- folding metre ruler (carpenter)
- 5m tape measure
Need to know
Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) funding
CSQ funding is available for this course for eligible students. You must be an existing worker in the Building and Construction Industry with at least one month of employment with your employer to be eligible for CSQ funding. This can be full-time, part-time or casual/contract employment. A letter from your employer must be provided for proof.