There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
You may be required to have full COVID-19 vaccination to undertake vocational placement in a range of Community Services organisations. Potential students are advised to seek current information as policies may be updated.
If you are not currently employed or volunteering in the community services industry, during your course you will be required to complete vocational placement so you can start practising your new skills in a real-world environment. You’ll be required to work shifts determined by your placement provider, and these can include early mornings or late nights, any day of the week, including public holidays. TAFE Queensland may be able to assist in arranging suitable placements.
Completing placement is compulsory, and you will be expected to manage family and work commitments in order to complete your shifts. You are required to complete 80 hours of placement to satisfy this component of your qualification.
Prior to placement, you will need to provide evidence of the following checks:
You can apply for both the NDIS Worker Screening Clearance and Blue Card by completing a combined application via the NDIS Worker Screening Portal.
Please note: TAFE Queensland wishes to warn you, as a Blue Card applicant, that it is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a Blue Card application. For further information regarding 'disqualified' persons, please contact Blue Card Services.
Depending on where your placement is conducted, further checks may be required. Your Vocational Placement Coordinator or Teacher can discuss this with you on an individual basis.
Need to know
For all students who are undertaking courses that include Vocational Placements in a high risk workplace, Queensland Health has directed that students must declare your COVID-19 Vaccination status and evidence to either TAFE Queensland or the placement provider.
This may require you providing us or the placement provider information on:
- Your vaccinate status
- Last date of vaccination
- Evidence of vaccine status
This requirement is in place for all students in affected courses, including TAFE at School students.
Those students who have a medical contraindication may be unable to complete the vocational placement component of their course. This means you may not be able to meet all of the requirements of your course and may not be able to graduate or receive your qualification.
If you have any questions or concerns with this requirement, please contact our COVID hotline on 07 3307 4789.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidised price, you must:
- be an existing worker in the Community Services and Health Industry. Existing workers must provide a letter from their employer stating that they are an employee of the organisation or a current payslip that displays the ABN and Trading name;
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school;
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification (does not include qualifications completed at school or foundation skills training).