There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
To study an apprenticeship or traineeship program you must be indentured as an apprentice or trainee with your employer.
Employers need to be able to provide the necessary human and physical resources to qualify for an apprentice.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes.
This includes the use of:
- safety glasses
- protective footwear with safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- long leather gloves to AS2161
- hair protection
- ear muffs or ear plugs
- disposable dust masks
- You should also wear 100% cotton drill industry-standard clothing.
If you fail to meet these minimum standards of dress, you will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
- Training record book
- Folding metre ruler
- Tape measure – minimum 3m
- Pencils – HB, 2H and 8H
- Carpenters pencils (2)
- Eraser (soft)
- A4 or foolscap notebook
- Ring binder (to hold class notes)