There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
North and Far North Queensland
For entry into this course, you do not need previous practical music or theory experience. Only genuine interest in learning music is required.
It is highly recommended that students are aged 16 or older by the course commencement date.
Mature age learners who wish to strengthen their musicianship and theory knowledge or update their industry knowledge are welcome.
Students may be required to attend an informal music audition (either instrumental or vocal) and a personal interview with a member of the teaching staff prior to enrolment.
You must be able to sing and/or play an instrument to enrol in this program.
You will be required to submit an electronic portfolio with your enrolment application. Include the following in your portfolio:
- A video recording of you playing and/or singing a musical piece/instrument.
- Approximately a 250 word written explanation of the below points, included in this should also identify the areas of music you are most interested in.
- A reflection on the musical piece you have submitted (this could be on the composition itself, or the performance)
- The software and hardware used to create the recordings
- The music performance techniques used through the performance.
Submit your electronic portfolio via email to the Creative Arts Faculty email - firstname.lastname@example.org
It is highly recommended that you are aged 16 or older by the course commencement date.
No specific resources are required to successfully complete this course.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.