There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
To participate in this course you must be currently employed in the electrotechnology trade either as an apprentice or tradesperson, or hold an Electrical Licence or appropriate work permit form the Queensland Electrical Safety Office.
Personal protective equipment:
- Protective footwear - Safety Toe, Leather upper, Non slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with AS2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing - Long sleeved cotton shirt and long pants (100% cotton work wear) must be worn at all times.
- Eye protection - Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS 1336 or AS 1337.
- Hair protection - long hair (i.e. hair below collar length) must be restrained (hat, headband, or hair tie).
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
- scientific calculator (casio),
- pencil HB and 2B
- pen (four colours)
Need to know
In addition to this course, you can opt to enrol into NONAC03029 Electrical Installation and Design Theory, a four week theory course.
These practical testing nights are optional and can be done with or without the NONAC03029 Electrical Installation and Design Theory course.