The following units are pre-requisites and need to be completed before undertaking this unit:
- CPCCWHS1001 - Prepare to work safely in the construction industry
- HLTAID009 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation (current within 12 months of course end date)
Evidence of completion of these units must be provided prior to commencing study. If you are eligible for recognition of prior learning in any of the pre-requisite units, you should supply evidence of your skills to TAFE Queensland prior to commencing study. Additional costs may apply for recognition services.
Students must have a thorough working knowledge of reciprocating engines gained from a trade qualification, extensive mechanical experience or specific gas fuelled engine tuning and diagnostic skills in order to participate successfully in this course.
Gas Industry related:
- Process equipment isolation procedures
- Gas detection
- Permit to work
Personal Protective Equipment
Important: During the training students must supply their own personal protective equipment. Students failing to meet the required personal protective equipment standards of dress will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
- Eye protection –Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS 1336 or 1337.
- Protective footwear – Safety toe, leather upper, non-slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with AS2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing – Sleeved, 100% industrial cotton drill work wear must be worn at all times.
- Pencils/ Sharpener
- A4 notebook
Need to know
You must ensure that you meet the Queensland Gas Work Authorisation Requirements.
This is a stand alone course. Students may utilise units of competency to contribute towards a qualification where packaging rules allow for importation of these units.