There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
While there are no formal entry requirements, the assessments tasks in this course include written and spoken English, proficiency in this language is expected.
- entry is via direct entry and it is highly recommended that you have:
- successfully completed Year 10 (or equivalent); or
- are of mature age with work experience in a related field;
- proficient written and spoken English communication skills
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other. For a list of all English Language tests accepted by TAFE Queensland International.
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the International Education Achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
- Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
Access to the internet and a computer/laptop, USB, Microsoft Office 2013 or later version, stationery items, textbooks may be required to be purchased.
Students will be required to work with MYOB files (provided by TAFE) for certain units. Please note that these MYOB files are only compatible with PC (not MAC).
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete one cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.
Work functions in the occupational areas where this qualification may be used are subject to regulatory requirements. Refer to the FNS Financial Services Training Package Companion Volume Implementation Guide or the relevant regulator for specific guidance on requirements.
Persons providing a business activity statement (BAS) service for a fee or other reward must be registered by the Tax Practitioners Board (TPB) and this qualification is currently cited as meeting the TPB education requirements for registration. Other conditions apply, including a designated period of experience. Persons seeking BAS agent registration should check current registration requirements with the TPB, as registration requirements are reviewed regularly.
This qualification has been replaced by FNS40222 Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping, as of 14 June 2022. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 13 June 2023. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.