There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
No licensing, legislative, regulatory or certification requirements apply to this qualification at the time of publication, however you need to have sound literacy and numeracy skills and a proficient level of English.
You will need to provide the following items for your personal use during the learning periods:
- A black polo shirt will be required when we deliver our clinic period
- Shorts, knee length skirt or long pants (black preferable due to oil spillage)
- Closed-in shoes (no thongs, open sandals or bare feet allowed) – sneakers preferred
- Suitable/comfortable clothing for massage practice (as a client)
- 2 large bath sheet sized towels, solid colours
- 2 normal bath size towels
- 1 or 2 hand towel sized
- 1 face-washer sized (optional)
- Massage oil dispenser bottle, plastic pump type, 500ml or smaller
- Writing materials
- USB key
Access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online systems, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat Reader. This equipment and software is available for students to use at a number of TAFE Queensland locations.
There are no required texts for this course, however the following book is highly recommended:
Title: Muscle Manual Textbook
By Dr Nikita Vizniak
Need to know
If a you have a criminal record, or are not eligible to hold a blue card, this will not preclude enrolment at TAFE Queensland. However, it will preclude membership into industry associations and subsequently holding professional indemnity or public liability insurance.
To successfully satisfy all course requirements you will be required to apply for a Blue Card (working with children check). Learn More
Please note: TAFE Queensland wishes to warn you, as a Blue Card applicant, that it is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a Blue Card application. For further information regarding 'disqualified' persons, please contact Blue Card Services.