There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
To take part in this course, you will need to be a:
- Queensland resident
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school
- Australian or New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident (including humanitarian entrants), or a temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency
TAFE Queensland strongly recommends:
- Sound achievement in Year 10 English and Maths or equivalent
Personal Protective Equipment
Important: During the training students must supply their own personal protective equipment. Students failing to meet required personal protective equipment standards of dress will not be permitted entry into practical classes.
The required personal protective equipment will consist of:
- Eye protection –Clear safety glasses, (tinted or sunglasses not acceptable). These must conform to the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1336 or AS1337.
- Protective footwear – Safety toe, leather upper, non-slip safety footwear must be worn. They must comply with Australian Standard AS 2210 and be in good condition.
- Protective clothing – Sleeved, 100% industrial cotton drill work wear must be worn at all times.
Students will need to bring to class:
- Scientific Calculator