What it costs



Fee concessions may apply to government funded courses or units for eligible students. To be eligible for the concession fee, you must be eligible to access subsidised training, as well as meet one of the following criteria:

  • hold a valid Health Care Card or Pension Concession Card issued by either Centrelink or the Department of Veteran's Affairs
  • be named on the card as a partner or dependent of someone holding a valid Concession Card
  • be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.

Applying for a concession fee

To apply for a concession fee you may be required to provide evidence to support your concession status such as:

  • proof of I.D. (e.g. birth certificate, student ID with photo, passport, driver's licence)
  • advice from the Department of Education, Training and Employment that Abstudy has been approved
  • a self-declaration by the student of their Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander identity (in some circumstances written evidence may also be required e.g. letter from Elder / Community)
Payment plans

If you don't have the money to pay for your course upfront don't worry. There are payment options available that allow you to pay off your course fees bit by bit while you study.


Achieve your career goals with the help of a $5,000 TAFE Queensland Scholarship. There are two types available: merit or access and equity. Visit the scholarships website for more informaiton.