BYOD at Robina campus
The new Robina campus will be TAFE Queensland’s first BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus, encouraging collaborative learning and helping to bridge the gap between on-campus and at-home study.
The new fully-digital Robina campus has a focus on sustainability and has considered environmental, social and economic sustainability in all aspects of its design, course curriculum and student life.
BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) is just one of the initiatives to inspire more sustainable thinking by students, encouraging a reduction in paper usage and helping to minimise our carbon footprint.
Students studying at the Robina campus will be encouraged to take their own device with them to class to take advantage of the campus’s collaborative and interactive learning environments.
Currently Robina is the only TAFE Queensland campus that has a BYOD policy.
To get the best education experience, your BYOD device will need to meet the following minimum requirements
- portable device running Windows 10 or later (or MacOS 11 or later)
- access to a webcam and headset with microphone
- access to an up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- access to Microsoft Office software
- access to a reliable high-speed broadband internet connection when at home.
You can use your BYOD device to access
- video and audio recordings
- digital learning resources
- complete online assessments
- participate in classroom discussions via online communication tools.
In order to help students get the tools they need for learning, TAFE Queensland has partnered with JB Hi-Fi Solutions to offer our students a great range of specialised high-performance devices and accessories via the BYOD Portal.
Devices available on the portal include discounted pricing, packaging, and extra inclusions such as extended warranties, software licences and fast-tracked repairs.
Visit the BYOD portal to check out the latest offers.
Students studying at the Robina campus who don’t have access to a computer or laptop can apply to access a limited number of electronic tablet devices on loan for up to 12 months (a service fee of $300 applies). Students who are experiencing financial hardship and are unable to loan and/or purchase their own device can submit an application to have the service fee waived, with all applications assessed based on individual circumstances.
Loan devices borrowing conditions
- The loan device will be checked out to your library account and must be returned by the loan due date.
- You must be enrolled for the current semester to be eligible for a loan device. Should you withdraw from study, you must return the loan device to the library. Your enrolment status may be checked periodically.
- No internet access is provided with the portable electronic device. TAFE Queensland wireless internet is available on campus.
- You must agree to and adhere to all the terms and conditions outlined in the TAFE Queensland Equipment Loan Agreement.
Student IT resources
Whether you are a new or returning TAFE Queensland student, find information on how to set up a TAFE Queensland email address, download and access programs related to your study, and view special offers.
As a TAFE Queensland student, you have access to our computer network and a range of digital services including WiFi, Connect, Studiosity, and more. Find everything you need to set up passwords and access these services.