There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This qualification has no formal entry criteria; however, TAFE Queensland has the following selection criteria for this qualification:
- school-leavers must have completed Year 12 or equivalent OR
- non school-leavers will be selected according to eligibility and merit, vocational experience, previous study and personal competencies skills in gathering and communicating information equivalent to Senior English
- as the assessment tasks include written and spoken English, proficiency in this language is expected.
- basic level Word processing and spreadsheeting skills.
- if you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
No specific resources are required to successfully complete this course.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system "Connect", and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player.
This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
To meet accreditation requirements for the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA) as a Library Technician, students must complete at least 70 hours of work placement in a library service as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
This course may require proof of vaccination to be provided to complete the work placement accreditation requirements for the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete a cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.