To study an apprenticeship or traineeship program you must be indentured as an apprentice or trainee with your employer.
Employers need to be able to provide the necessary human and physical resources to qualify for an apprentice.
Personal protective equipment:
- Eye protection - safety glasses or clip-ons, where prescription glasses are normally worn (must conform to the Australian Standard 1336 or 1337)
- Steel capped safety boots (AS2210)
- Protective clothing- neat casual clothing (no sleeveless shirts or singlets).
- Ear protection - ear muffs or ear plugs (recommended)
- Disposable dust masks (recommended).
Students failing to meet these minimum standards of dress will not be permitted entry in to practical classes.
- Scientific calculator
- 30cm and 15cm steel rulers
- 5 metre tape measure
- Metric Verneer callipers
- Compass and divider set
- Semi-circular protractor
- A4 Notebook
- Pens and HB Pencil
- Eraser (soft) and sharpener
Need to know
This qualification has been replaced by CPC31920 - Certificate III in Joinery, as of 26 November 2020. A transition period applies to enable current students to complete their study. The transition period finishes on 27 November 2022. If required, enrolments will be transitioned into the replacement qualification.