There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
While there are no formal entry requirements, TAFE Queensland will require you to possess the following:
- Marine Operators VHF & HK Skill Set (LROCP) or equivalent experience;
- keyboard skills to a minimum of 10 words per minute at 98% accuracy; and
- be able to express yourself satisfactorily in the English language, both oral and written.
You will need to supply the following items at your own cost:
- Certification fee to AMSA of $112 and one current passport photo (fees are subject to change); and
- A notebook and pen are required for theory components.
Appropriate clothing and protective footwear must be worn at all times.
Need to know
For further certification information, visit AMSA at https://www.amsa.gov.au/qualifications-training/international-qualifications/global-maritime-distress-and-safety-systems#78844