There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
While this qualification has no formal entry requirements, TAFE Queensland has the following selection criteria:
- you will be required to complete the bksb to identify any learning support needs you may have;
- it is recommended that you have an understanding of basic business and marketing concepts, which may have been acquired through previous training or work experience;
- you will need to be aged 16 years or older by the course commencement date. If you are aged between 16 - 17 years old, you will be required to complete a risk assessment before enrolling;
- as you will be required to read comprehensive learning texts, journals and articles, undertake a range of written assessments, undertake research activities and engage in online forums and discussions, you will require successful completion of English to Year 12 level. You can demonstrate equivalency in one of the following:
- successful completion of a Nationally Recognised Training qualification at Certificate III level or higher; or
- ACER's Core Skills Profile for Adults Level 3 or above; or
- 2 years relevant industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete one cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.