Entry to this qualification is limited to those who have completed the following units (or equivalent competencies):
- BSBCMM411 Make presentations
- BSBCRT412 Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMKG433 Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG435 Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG439 Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents.
Equivalent competencies are predecessors to these units, which have been mapped as equivalent.
Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience.
You will be required to complete the bksb to identify any Learning Support needs.
It is recommended that you have an understanding of basic business and technology concepts, which may have been acquired through previous training, qualifications and/or work experience in a business-related field.
You will be required to access and use technology to complete the learning assessment activities and resources within this course.
Further to the above entry requirements, the following selection criteria requirements are for International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.