There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to domestic students:
- Personal or vocational experience in a related industry.
- Completion of year 12 or equivalent.
- If you’re under 17 years of age, special enrolment conditions may apply.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
It is recommended you are currently working within a role where opportunities can be provided to simulate various leadership or management functions to ensure practical understanding.
It is also highly recommended that students have:
- Completed an equivalent relevant qualification or possess experience in a range of work environments in senior support roles.
- Possess literacy levels equivalent to a successful completion of Year 12 English.
- Possess a range of study skills, self-motivation and reasonable independence to study.