If you’ve recently finished school, are looking for work, or want to reskill or upskill in an in-demand industry, you may be eligible to get qualified for less or even for free with TAFE Queensland JobTrainer funded courses.
TAFE Queensland currently offers over 70 free or low-cost JobTrainer funded courses across a range of study areas including aged care, business, IT, community services, and health.
Undertaking a course with TAFE Queensland will give you the skills employers need right now, to help you stage your comeback or get started.
JobTrainer funded TAFE courses will help provide skills that Queensland needs for effective recovery from the pandemic. The program targets growth areas, and those have been hit hardest by the pandemic—helping fill existing skills needs or assist in reskilling.
JobTrainer funded courses
- AHC32816 - Certificate III in Rural Operations (Farm Labourer - partial qualification) - $0
- AHC30116 - Certificate III in Agriculture - $0
- AHCSS00074 - Agricultural Chemical Skill Set - $0
- AHC31416 - Certificate III in Conservation and Land Management - $0
- AHC32816 - Certificate III in Rural Operations - $0
- BSB30215 - Certificate III in Customer Engagement (Basic customer engagement - partial qualification) - $0
- SHB20216 - Certificate II in Salon Assistant - $0
- SHB30115 - Certificate III in Beauty Services - $0
- SHB50115 - Diploma of Beauty Therapy - $150
- SIR30216 - Certificate III in Retail - $0
- 10971NAT - Certificate IV in Crime and Justice Studies - $50
- 10972NAT - Diploma of Crime and Justice Studies - $140
- BSB50120 - Diploma of Business - $145
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business - $0
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business (Business Administration) - $0
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business (Medical Administration) - $0
- BSB30120 - Certificate III in Business (Business Administration - For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students) - $0
- FNS30115 - Certificate III in Financial Services - $0
- FNS30317 - Certificate III in Accounts Administration - $0
- FNS40217 - Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping - $40
- BSB40320 - Certificate IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business - $50
- BSB40520 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - $50
- BSB40520 - Certificate IV in Leadership and Management - For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students - $50
- BSB40920 - Certificate IV in Project Management Practice - $45
- BSB50420 - Diploma of Leadership and Management - $145
- BSB50820 - Diploma of Project Management - $145
- FNSSS00004 - BAS Agent Registration Skillset - $0
- CHC30113 - Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care - $0*
- CHC50121 - Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care - $150*
- CHC50213 - Diploma of School Age Education and Care - $150
- CHC30221 - Certificate III in School Based Education Support - $0
- CHC40221 - Certificate IV in School Based Education Support - $35
- CHC32015 - Certificate III in Community Services - $0
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing, Home and Community) - $0*
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Ageing) - $0*
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Home and Community) - $0*
- CHC33015 - Certificate III in Individual Support (Disability) - $0*
- CHC40413 - Certificate IV in Youth Work - $40
- CHC43415 - Certificate IV in Leisure and Health - $55
- CHC50313 - Diploma of Child, Youth and Family Intervention - $145
- CHC40313 - Certificate IV in Child, Youth and Family Intervention - $50
- CUA50720 - Diploma of Graphic Design - $135
- CUA50820 - Diploma of Music Industry (Performance) - $145
- CUA50820 - Diploma of Music Industry (Sound Production) - $145
- CUA50920 - Diploma of Photography and Photo Imaging - $140
- CUA51020 - Diploma of Screen and Media – Production Management - $150
- CUA51020 - Diploma of Screen and Media – Post-Production - $150
- CUA51020 - Diploma of Screen and Media – Animation, Gaming and Visual Effects - $150
- SFL30115 - Certificate III in Floristry - $0
- MST20616 - Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology - $0
- MSM30116 - Certificate III in Process Manufacturing - $0
- CHCSS00070 - Assist Clients with Medication skill set - $0
- CHCSS00114 - Entry into Care Roles Skill Set - $0
- CHCSS00095 Dementia Support - Service Delivery Skill Set $0*
- SSHLT0022 - Health Service Support Skill Set - $0
- HLTSS00043 - Telehealth Administration Skill Set - $0
- HLT33015 - Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance - $0*
- HLT33115 - Certificate III in Health Services Assistance - $0*
- HLT23215 - Certificate II in Health Support Services (Health Support - partial qualification) - $0
- HLT30113 - Certificate III in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care - $0
- HLT40213 - Certificate IV in Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Care - $45
- HLT33215 - Certificate III in Health Support Services - $0
- HLT35015 - Certificate III in Dental Assisting - $0
- HLT37015 - Certificate III in Sterilisation Services - $0
- HLT37215 - Certificate III in Pathology Collection - $0
- HLT37315 - Certificate III in Health Administration - $0
- HLT37415 - Certificate III in Pathology Assistance - $0
- HLT43015 - Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance - $50
- HLT47315 - Certificate IV in Health Administration - $45
- MSL20118 - Certificate II in Sampling and Measurement - $0
- RII20115 - Certificate II in Resources and Infrastructure Work Preparation - $0
- 10849NAT - Diploma of Applied Blockchain - $145*
- 22334VIC - Certificate IV in Cyber Security - $50*
- ICT30120 - Certificate III in Information, Digital Media and Technology - $0*
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking and System Administration) - $140*
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Networking and Cloud Engineering) - $140*
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology (Advanced Programming) - $140*
- ICT50220 - Diploma of Information Technology (Back End Web Development and Front End Web Development) - $140*
To be eligible to participate in the program, you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- permanently reside in Queensland; and
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- have finished school or no longer be at school (including home schooled); and
- not be enrolled in training (includes vocational education and training (VET) and higher education courses); and
- any previously completed qualifications were not funded as part of this program (under the JobTrainer Fund); and either be a (i) Job seeker OR (ii) School leaver/Young person as defined below:
- Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who, as at the course commencement date, is:
- out of work; or
- in receipt of income support payments.
- School leaver or young person means an individual who is aged 16 to 24 years as at course commencement date, regardless of employment status.
- Job seeker means an individual aged 15 years or older who, as at the course commencement date, is:
As part of your application, you will be asked for evidence of the above.
*From 1 October 2021, prospective students can enrol in an aged care, childcare, disability care or digital skills qualification, regardless of age or employment status. Please contact us to confirm your eligibility.
Training is proudly delivered by TAFE Queensland and jointly funded by the Australian Government and Queensland Government
JobTrainer Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
JobTrainer is an initiative of the Australian Government and is part of the government’s economic response to COVID-19.
There are two main components of JobTrainer: 1) subsided training (which you will find on this page) 2) an apprenticeship and traineeship wage subsidy. The Australian Government has partnered with the Queensland Government to deliver the JobTrainer subsidised training initiative in Queensland. TAFE Queensland will provide training to eligible Queenslanders, supporting them to gain new skills to help Queensland recover.
JobTrainer is about supporting Queenslanders who find themselves unemployed as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. JobTrainer funding for training is administered by the Queensland Government directly to TAFE Queensland. TAFE Queensland will apply this funding to the courses on this page. If you meet the eligibility criteria and you enrol in one of the approved courses, your course will either be provided to you at no cost, or at a low cost.
Courses supported by JobTrainer will either be offered to you fee-free or at a low cost—considerably lower than usual.
There are a range of programs that have been subsidised by the Queensland Government. If you are not eligible for the JobTrainer courses you may be eligible for one of these.
‘Free’ means there are no tuition fees for the course—this is because the JobTrainer Fund is providing a subsidy to TAFE Queensland on behalf of Queenslanders. It means you receive high quality training from industry experienced and award winning teachers at no cost.
You can use JobTrainer once for a full qualification. You may be able to access the funding for multiple short courses.
If you are eligible to use JobTrainer and choose to use it now, you may be eligible to use other government funding to subsidise the cost of training if you decide to study another qualification at a higher level.
Looking for something else?
If you are not eligible for JobTrainer funding, you might be eligible for other subsidies through TAFE Queensland. There are also other programs available to study, more information below:
Our short courses are designed to give you an introduction into a new area without the time and cost of a formal or full qualification.
Quickly and easily develop the skills you need to launch, progress or pivot your career with an industry-recognised micro-credential. These courses are all offered online and delivered to a scheduled timetable.
These programs have been developed for the hospitality industry, and beauty, nail, tanning, spas and tattooing sectors. COVID Safe training modules are 30-minute online courses for workers in businesses that are required to have a COVID Safe plan. These courses are fully funded by the Queensland Government.