New Student ID card solution
TAFE Queensland is currently implementing a new ID card solution for students. The new platform will simplify and streamline the process of getting your ID card and will for the first time give you the option to receive a digital copy of your card.
The new ID card solution will be rolled out in stages between January and March 2023 with additional functionality being released in the coming months. Make sure you check this page for the latest updates. Once fully implemented, the new platform will allow you to:
- manage your own student ID card requests
- access the platform 24/7 from anywhere with an internet connection
- take or upload your own passport photo and identity documents
- choose to receive your ID in digital format or collect it from a campus.
With a digital ID you’ll never have to worry about forgetting your student card again. You’ll need your student ID card to borrow books and resources from the library, use the printers, get access to certain on-campus rooms and facilities, and to verify your identity when you sit exams.
Your student ID card will also give you access to discounted public transport, movie tickets, meals, online services, software, products, clothing, and entry fees. Having your ID on you at all times will ensure you get to take advantage of the many benefits a student ID card can unlock.
While the project is still being rolled out, the fastest and easiest way to get your student ID is to request one via the TAFE Queensland Student Portal.
1. Upload your password photo (ensuring you meet the necessary image requirements) and identity documents to the portal.
2. Our customer service staff will review and approve your ID request and schedule it for printing
3. You will be notified when you can collect your card from campus.
Frequently asked questions
Your first student ID card is free. If you lose your card, you’ll need to pay a fee to have it replaced.