x

Deciding what you're going to do with your life is a huge decision and ultimately, the only person qualified to decide is you. Part of making that decision is investigating and evaluating your options, so we've put together the top 10 reasons why you should you study at TAFE Queensland.

Flexibility

With more than 500 nationally-recognised qualifications to choose from at 50 locations across the state, and a variety of study modes available, you'll be able to study in a way that suits you.

Industry-standard facilities

At TAFE Queensland you'll study in purpose-built facilities including workshops using industry standard equipment, fully functioning health clinics and labs, digital studios, and open to the public restaurants, beauty salons, and gyms.

Our partnerships with local employers also allow you to also study in real workplaces and gain valuable work experience while you study.

Experienced teachers

Our teachers are the best at what they do. They make great happen every day and deliver educational excellence by encouraging and mentoring their students to help them succeed in their chosen industry.

Our teachers also regularly return to industry to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date. They contribute to developing training packages in consultation with industry to ensure our courses continue to meet contemporary workforce requirements.

Support services

We understand that everyone's journey is different, and sometimes you need some extra support. Our student support services are available to all of our current students, making your learning experience just that little bit easier. Our range of services across the state include:

  • counselling
  • disability services
  • learning support (including after hours support via Studiosity)
  • library services (online and on select campuses)
  • Indigenous student support.

Recognition of prior learning

Imagine if you could gain a qualification that acknowledges the experience and skills you already have so you could minimise, and in some cases eliminate, the need to do formal study.

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) is a nationally-recognised process which helps you gain credit towards a certificate or diploma based on the skills and experience you have picked up from previous study, work or industry experience (paid or unpaid), volunteering, and even partially completed study. We match your experience to current industry qualifications so you can gain credit towards a partial or even full qualification.

University pathways

When you choose to study with TAFE Queensland you gain access to multiple pathways to increase your career potential.

We have partnered with some of Australia’s most respected universities to deliver world-class degrees in a practical, job-focused training environment. Together we provide up-to-date skills employers want, along with the adaptable thinking required to succeed in any industry. We also have articulation and credit arrangements with a range of universities across Australia.

Student satisfaction

In 2016-17 TAFE Queensland had a student satisfaction rate of 87 per cent - and we're working very hard on the other 13 per cent.

Student outcomes

In 2016-17 we provided training to 122,034 unique students. Approximately 86 per cent of these graduates went on to work or further study.

Award winning

Our staff and students are regular recipients of awards for excellence across a wide range of industries. In the past two years alone we've had numerous students and staff win at regional and state levels at the Queensland Training Awards, and we've won Large Training Provider of the Year three years in a row (2015-2017). We've also had finalists and winners at the Australian Training Awards. During the 2016 WorldSkills Australia national competition, 13 of our students won medals and two were selected in the Australian team to compete in Abu Dhabi in 2017.

We make great happen

TAFE Queensland is the largest and most experienced provider of vocational education and training in the state with a history of serving Queensland's communities for over 135 years. Each year we enrol more than 120,000 students across a range of foundation skills and entry level qualifications through to higher education degrees.

You may also like
business-justice-and-management-lp-hero-d-female-ce-tile.jpg
TAFE Queensland