There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
- Entry into the mainstream program is via direct entry and it is recommended that you have:-
- completed a Certificate IV in Business, or another relevant qualification, and/or that you have experience in a range of work environments in the business industry;
- intermediate (Year 12 equivalent) literacy skills as study will involve a range of reading comprehension activities, report writing, and conducting and analysing research. Your written communication needs to be of a professional standard in presentation, structure, grammar, spelling and punctuation;
- basic computer skills that enable you to access resources online, send and receive emails and use a range of MS Office programs; and
- a range of study skills, self-motivation and reasonable independence to direct your study.
- Entry into the accelerated program is via an application process and requires applicants to have at least 3 years' experience working in a medium to large organisation.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You are also required to have access to a calculator, a laptop or tablet device, a USB and a headset including microphone.
The Robina campus will be a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) campus for general learning. Students are able to access discounted pricing for device purchases via JB Hi-Fi. TAFE Queensland will have some portable devices available for short term loan and there will also be a limited number of desktop computers located on-site that students will be able to access. For all the details visit the BYOD page on our website.
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete a cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.
Order of Study for Diploma of Business, Diploma of Business - Operations and Diploma of Business - Leadership.