There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
While there are no entry requirements for this course, TAFE Queensland requires you to have a good knowledge of computer basics and a sound achievement in Year 10 Maths, and English is desirable.
All age applicants are welcome.
The following selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to enter into this course;
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International; and
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
- International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Government Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
Students are required to access and use technology to complete the learning and assessment activities and resources within this program. This can be through their own device and internet connection, or through TAFE campus locations closest to your home location.
To get the best education experience, your computer/device will need to meet the following minimum requirements:
- device running Windows 10 or later (or MacOS 11 or later)
- access to a webcam and headset with microphone
- access to an up-to-date version of Google Chrome
- access to a reliable high-speed broadband internet connection
- Office 365 for students is now available. Learn more >
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete one cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.