There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
To study an apprenticeship or traineeship program you must be indentured as an apprentice or trainee with your employer.
Employers need to be able to provide the necessary human and physical resources to qualify for an apprentice.
You are responsible for meeting the minimum occupational health and safety requirements in practical classes.
This includes the use of:
- Eye protection - safety glasses or clip-ons where prescription glasses are normally worn (must conform to the Australian Standard 1336 or 1337)
- Protective footwear - safety toe cap and non-slip soles to AS2210
- Protective clothing - appropriate work wear (no sleeveless shirts or singlets)
- Ear protection - as directed - ear muffs or ear plugs (recommended)
- Disposable dust masks/respiratory aids as directed (recommended)
- scientific calculator
- a copy of the Australian Standards (AS3500 Part 1 - 5)