As part of the entry requirements for this program you must meet at least one of the below requirements:
- CPP40115 Certificate IV in Building Design Drafting, or
- CPP40121 Certificate IV in Residential Drafting, or
- 52757WA Certificate IV in Residential Building Drafting, or
- Demonstrated relevant vocational experience, skills and knowledge commensurate with the scope of work covered in the core units of CPP40121 Certificate IV in Residential Drafting.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to Domestic Students:
It is highly recommended that you have:-
- completed Year 12 (or equivalent) or have relevant experience and/or qualifications or are of mature age;
- have sound literacy and numeracy skills; and
- have sound computer skills.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place. TAFE Queensland has entered an agreement with Union Institute of Language (UIL) to facilitate the provision of the welfare services (fees apply).
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You must also have access to a CAD or gaming quality computer. Windows machines are ideal as Autodesk programs are not available native to Mac machines. A dual boot system may be used, but there are known issues and no technical support offered for this by TAFE Queensland. Autodesk programs (Revit and AutoCad) can be downloaded for free as educational version. Required Adobe programs and Sketchup are available on campus, but it is recommended that you purchase your own copies to assist in completion of project and assessment work. More information will be supplied after enrolment or during orientation, as this software can be purchased after enrolment to access a student discount price.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You will also be required to have access to and bring to class some building design resources and a portable external hard drive (no USBs). Details will be provided after enrolment or during orientation. Please note: the purchase of these items may incur additional costs of approximately $640.
It is recommended that students have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for students to use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
There are additional costs associated with this course, that are not included in your tuition fees. All information on Resources will be given at orientation;
- USB Memory Stick
- Textbooks and other related supplies are generally not included in the cost of the course. More advice regarding books and materials will be supplied at orientation
Courses may require different resources, depending on your study location.
Need to know
When studying online it is strongly recommended students follow the order of study and enrol in no more than two units per intake or the units required to complete a cluster/stage, unless otherwise advised.