The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 5.5 (no individual band less than 5.0) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 10 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
It is recommended that you have access to a reliable internet connection to access TAFE Queensland's online learning system Connect, and a computer with up-to-date software, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat Reader and Adobe Flash Player. This equipment and software is available for use at all TAFE Queensland locations.
You will be provided with a recommended reading list and/or required textbooks during orientation or at the start of each unit. The purchase of these resources may incur additional costs, or you may be able to borrow them from the TAFE Queensland library network.
You will be required to wear a uniform for placement - the uniform will entail:
- black polo shirt
- long black pants/long knee length skirt or culottes
- closed in shoes
Students are advised that they will need to evidence maintenance of full COVID-19 vaccination to attend the mandatory vocational placement assessment components of this course.
The vaccines received must be approved by the Therapeutic Goods Administration for use in Australia or endorsed by the WHO-COVAX if vaccinated overseas. Please see the following link for the accepted vaccines.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
This course now requires you to obtain a NDIS Worker Screening Check to be eligible to attend the vocational placement assessment component of your studies.
You are to apply for this NDIS Worker Screening Check once enrolled as TAFE Queensland will need to verify your application as a student.
Students will complete 80 hours of allocated placement.
The following documentation will be required at the expense of the student:
- Australian Federal Police Check
- Working with Children Check
- Influenza Vaccination: Annual vaccination
- Full COVID-19 Vaccination – evidence of vaccinations of a type approved by Therapeutic Goods Administration, Australia, or endorsed by the World Health Organisation.
Please note: TAFE Queensland wishes to warn you, as a Blue Card applicant, that it is an offence for a disqualified person to sign a Blue Card application. For further information regarding 'disqualified' persons, please contact Blue Card Services.
Need to know
For all students who are undertaking courses that include Vocational Placements in a high risk workplace, Queensland Health has directed that students must declare your COVID-19 Vaccination status and evidence to either TAFE Queensland or the placement provider.
This may require you providing us or the placement provider information on:
- Your vaccinate status
- Last date of vaccination
- Evidence of vaccine status
This requirement is in place for all students in affected courses, including TAFE at School students.
Those students who have a medical contraindication may be unable to complete the vocational placement component of their course. This means you may not be able to meet all of the requirements of your course and may not be able to graduate or receive your qualification.