There are no formal entry requirements for this course.
This qualification is designed for people who are already employed in the industry and who have the opportunity to draw upon workplace experiences and to carry out assignments and projects in the workplace. Your workplace supervisor, will need to sign off on your "on the job" skills.
The following Selection criteria requirements apply only to International Students:
- English Language Proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 (no individual band less than 5.5) or ISLPR 2+ on all skills or other - For a list of all English Language test accepted by TAFE Queensland International
- Academic Requirements: Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent). Non school-leavers must have relevant work experience or qualification that indicates likely success of course completion. For more information on the international education achievement levels equivalent to Year 10 and 12.
Applicants should be a minimum of 17 years of age and turning 18 during the first year of study with TAFE Queensland. International students who are under 18 years of age and are applying for a student visa are required by the Australian Department of Home Affairs to have adequate welfare arrangements in place.
Need to know
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills subsidised price, you must:
- Student must already hold the Certificate III in Individual Support (or superseded qualification) and be an Existing Worker in the Aged Care industry sector. Existing workers must provide a letter from their employer stating that they are an employee of the organisation or a current payslip that displays the ABN and Trading name;
- be aged 15 years or over, and no longer at school;
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold or be currently enrolled in a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification (does not include qualifications completed at school or foundation skills training).